The Cuckoo is no longer publishing but you can continue to enjoy our old articles.

74 Year Old Treated After Fire

A 74 Year Old Woman Has Been Treated For Burns After A Microwave Fire in Penicuik.

Emergency services were called to a house on Glaskhill Terrace around 7:30pm last night (Thursday 3rd January) after it was reported that a fire had broken out in a microwave.

Upon arrival the pensioner was treated for burns to her left hand.

A spokesman told the Scotsman:

Two crews from Penicuik and Midlothian attended the fire which was in a microwave. It was extinguished on arrival and an elderly woman was treated at the scene for burns.